We will take the time to ask you questions to discover the specific types of environments in which you may be experiencing hearing loss and hearing problems. A medical and hearing health history will be reviewed to determine the cause of hearing problems.
Next, we will look into your ears by using an otoscope. This instrument is used to see the ear canal and the eardrum and whether or not there is earwax blocking the canal.
The hearing test will determine:
- If there is hearing loss present
- Possible cause of hearing loss
- Degree and type of hearing loss in one or both ears
- Speech discrimination ability
- The best treatment options
If this is your first visit in our office, please allow 1-2 hours for this appointment.